YOUR PACKING CHECKLIST
- 3 sets of cycling shorts and tops
- Sun glasses
- 3 sets of cycling socks
- Cycling shoes
- Hydration pack with space for spares, cell phone in Ziploc, etc
- GPS/heart rate monitor, bike computer (optional) + chargers
- Slime/Stan’s, bomb and adaptor, plugs etc
- Gators, pump
- Brake pads, drop out, chain, links, pins, BB
- Cable ties, duct tape
- Lube (squirt)
- Favourite energy bars, gels and snacks
- Combination bike cable lock
- Sleeping bag (temperatures of below freezing can be experienced at Glencairn)
- Torch / headlight
- Personal toiletries
- Beanie, scarf and gloves for evenings
- Warm long pant
- Bathing suit (for a swim in the sea)
- Casual clothes for after shower.
- Washing powder
Do not bring valuables to the race. We cannot take responsibility for valuables lost during the course of the event. Your race-issued luggage box is the only item that we will transport for you between stage locations. You therefore need to fit all your personal belongings required during the race into this box (including your sleeping bag/sheets). You also need to carry it to and from your tent so forget the hairdryer.
Please I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency) your phone and please download the mySOS app.
FIRST AID KIT
Pack a foil survival blanket, three first aid dressings, five adhesive first-aid plasters and sun block.
HYDRATION PACKS AND BOTTLES
These need to have a capacity of 3 litres.
Please bring your own torch or headlamp as there is minimal lighting in the camping areas. On Day 2 you will wake in the dark.